- How much sample do I need to bring/mail to the laboratory for analysis? The asbestos analysis requires a representative sample of the material being tested to be at least 1″ x 1″ in size. Be sure to include all material layers within the sample, if any. If you wish, Apollo Environmental can collect the sample for you. Please call the Apollo for a price quote to perform this work.
- What container do I use to store the sample(s) for transport/mailing to the laboratory? Use a resealable plastic freezer bag, i.e. ZipLock for example, of appropriate size to contain the sample for delivery to the laboratory. Make sure the bag is sealed after collection. Place the sealed bag into another bag, and seal. Double-bagging insures against sample loss or contamination.
- What information is required when submitting the sample(s) to the laboratory? An Apollo Environmental Chain of Custody form (COC) must be filled out completely, legibly, and accurately when submitting the sample(s) for analysis. The COC can be filled out in the front office, or downloaded from the link on this website, to be printed and completed.
- How do I pay for the analysis of my sample(s)? Apollo Environmental takes cash, check, or credit card for payment, as well as online through Quickbooks. Be sure to request a quote for jobs with large amounts of samples, as discounts may be given for certain sample loads.
- How do I receive my analysis results? You will receive a Sample Analysis Report with your sample result(s) by email, or by mail if requested.
- What if I have questions regarding my sample results? If you have questions about your results, feel free to give us a call and we can help you to understand your results.
IAQ & Mold FAQ